Re: Installing on a Dual CPU G5 Powermac?

Try the net install disk...I have a 2.0 GHz dual G5 desk top and it
works on that. I used "expert-power4". However, my machine is a few
months old, and you may have a newer cpu.  As evidence, I tried the
install disk on a new imac G5 and got the symptoms you describe.  I was
able to get around it by compiling the 2.6.10 kernel with all the
applicable patches from http://ozlabs.org/ppc64-patches/ and it ran,
although I haven't tested it enough to vouch for stability.

cheers,

John