Re: Installing on a Dual CPU G5 Powermac?

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 02:12:13PM -0800, shyamal wrote:
>     "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
>     Sven> Please fill a bug report against the power4 kernel-image
>     Sven> package.
>
> Done #286761 against kernel-image-2.6.8-power4-di
>
> I'd be happy to help where I can if something needs testing on a dual
> G5.

Jens used to have a dual G5 2.0 Ghz, and he did kernel builds on it, and much
of the testing, including d-i. He doesn't have access to it anymore though.
Mostly what needs testing is the kernels (and posting on debian-kernel, cross
posted to debian-powerpc, and doing bug report is the best way to help there.
Also there is #debian-kernel on freenode), and debian-installer (and posting
on debian-boot and the #debian-boot on freenode irc channel is the best way to
help out).

I am a bit out of touch of these things until after christmas though, but
there may be other people who could ask stuff and so.

Also, once we get ppc64 kernels rolling, it would be nice to get them tested
too and so on, do you know how to build a kernel ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther