Re: 2.6.8 kernel seems to have b0rked my iMac.

Ce jour Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Chris Doherty a dit:

> If I had to guess, I'd say that all the hardware support somehow got
> omitted or messed up with the kernel upgrade, but I don't know how to
> prevent/fix that.  I'm not even sure how to fix _this_ problem, other
> than booting off of disc 1 of Sarge and hoping I can mount / enough to
> hack yaboot.conf and the symlinks.

this is what i think too. install discover to load up the stuff you
need, scan lsmod for the module names, then edit /etc/modules. then
--purge discover. worked fine for when i switched an imac from 2.4 to
2.6 with a debian kernel.

eric

--
 ,''`.   http://www.debian.org/    http://www.nuit.ca/