Re: keyboard confusion

On  13 Dec, this message from Elimar Riesebieter echoed through
cyberspace:
> for some reason there are 2 keys permuted on my AlBook keyboard.
>
> This is for console and X11 de-qwertz-no-deadkeys:
>
> Key 94 ( responsible for ^°) has changed with key 60 (<>|).

Hmmm... is that the key swapping thing for ISO keyboards? Where are
those keys located on your keyboard?

AFAIR, teh '<>' key is an additional key on European (ISO?) keyboards
vs. Amercian keyboards, and there is some key swapping logic involving
that key and one other key (AFAIR, the one left of '1').

Check your kernel boot messages, if there is a difference to the
messages related to your keyboard detection.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |