Powerbooks in Firewire mode

I want to clone the disk in one albook onto another.  I'd like to do
this by putting both the macs into Firewire mode and using a third
laptop (A Vaio running 2.6, fwiw) to read from one disk and write to the
other.

When I connect a mac in firewire mode to the Vaio, two "scsi" disks
appear: a small one with 3 partitions and a large (80G) one with 10.
The second one is obviously the actual hard disk but I'm curious to know

	a) If I connect two macs, can I just read from the second scsi
	device from the first mac and write to the second scsi device
	from the second mac?

	b) What's the first, smaller scsi device?

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.