Re: TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 05:56:50PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
[...]
> NOTE: Owners of _OTHER_ Apple laptops that could already sleep, like
> earlier iBooks, or Titanium PowerBooks, please test this patch as well
> for regression. More specifically, test if sleep still works, X/DRI, and
> backlight control as I have made significant changes to radeonfb in ways
> that could affect those areas.
I've noticed some minor problems. But it really works! Thanks Ben!

1. When switching from X to console (radeonfb), the screen is flickering for half of
a second.  When switching back to X the flickering is less noticable.

2. When turning off the backlight (using pbbuttonsd) everything seems to be
ok, but when turning it on the screen goes little bit brighter, than it goes
to normal state. It lasts fraction of second but is noticable.

3. When sleeping or resuming you can hear a distortion from speakers. Muting does
not help.

4. X died while resuming, once. No oopses. I've been trying to reproduce
problem, but after several tries I've failed. :-)

Configuration:
1. Machine: PowerBook6,5
2. Framebuffer: radeonfb
3. xorg.conf:

        Section "Device"
            Identifier      "Ati Radeon Mobility"
            Driver          "radeon"
            BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
            Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
            Option          "AGPFastWrite"          "true"
            Option          "SWcursor"              "true"
        EndSection

4. Kernel 2.6.9 + version 2 of ibook g4 sleep patch
5. gcc-3.4.3 snap 2004-10-15

[...]

Regards,

    wrobell <wrobell@pld-linux.org>