Re: missing udev permissions

For my machine, I have this in a pmud.permissions file
in /etc/udev/permissions.d:

pmu:root:pmu:660

Then I added myself to the pmu group.  Works like a charm, and I'd say
it's fairly secure.  I've thought about proposing this to the developer
of pmud or pbbuttonsd, but never got around to it.

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 15:28 +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > adb:root:users:0660
> > pmu:root:users:0660
> > input/event*:root:users:0660
> >
> > I needed them to be able to use "fnset" as user, and pbbuttons-setupenv
> > suggested them as well.
> >
> > Also I'm not sure into which group these files belong as I don't really know
> > any deeper details about the devices. (And I am a little tired as well ;)
>
> Please don't make them writeable by users. root:root:0600 is fine.
>
> 	Michael

Bryan Forbes
bryan@reigndropsfall.net
http://www.reigndropsfall.net

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
        - Samuel Adams, an architect of the Constitution

Key fingerprint = 3D7D B728 713A BB7B B8B1  5B61 3888 17E0 70CA 0F3D