Re: Brightness control on PowerBook G4 1.33GHz, 12", GeForce FX Go5200

Hi,

Zoltan Nagy writes:

> I tried to configure the framebuffer in the XF86Configure-4 (please
> find attached my configuration file) file but the X system gives the
> following error:

Use the nv driver for XFree86, not the fbdev driver.

> I didn't load the rivafb module. It use the offb driver.

Once offb has been started, you cannot get rid of it anymore.  In
order to use rivafb, you must build your own kernel and build rivafb
into it.  But beware, last time I tried the rivafb driver it crashed
my machine.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!