Re: Red X -- not quite gone yet...

On Monday, August 30, 2004, at 04:41 AM, Sven Luther wrote:

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 08:23:28AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 01:58:34AM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:

Sven Luther wrote:
Rick Thomas wrote:
Is it possible the objcopy is corrupting it?

This is indeed a possibility.

I will disable this again for the 2.4 floppies, and we will see tomorrow what
happens.

That said, the 2.6 floppies are too big to work with miboot without the objcopy -O binary call, so we need to investigate this more in detail.

I downloaded the latest 2.4 floppy images, but it looks like you didn't get around to disabling the objcopy yet.

Yeah, alioth and thus the d-i svn repo was dead yesterday. It is up again, and i will remove it for tomorrow.

Fixed, please try tomorrows floppy-2.4 builds.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

Not yet... When I boot the ofonlyboot (and the boot) floppy, I get the tuxmac icon for only a few seconds. The red X appears almost immediately. When I looked at the filesystem, it has a zero length zImage file, and no vmlinu* file. Commenting out the objcopy means that there is no vmlinux.bin file for gzip to work on.

Rick