Re: Linux kernel image 2.6.8 and unwanted modules and hot keyboard

Em Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:10:04 +0200, Sven Luther escreveu:

> The filesystem drivers are coming from there, and i would consider
> this a bug.

	Indeed.  Thanks for easing my conscience, I was wondering what
had I done so horribly wrong.

> Discover 2 is more difficult to blacklist, as it seems to involve
> XML files.

	Oh the horror, the horror!

	I guess the Gnome guys are contaminating kernel people with
their XML infatuation… XML is for docs markup, for Heaven’s sake!  I
do want something better than text for configuration, but that would
be a fully relational database in the kernel, not a hierarchical,
verbose file format!

> 4) hotplug. blacklisting there is done by /etc/hotplug/blacklist, i think.

	Sure enough, have been using this.

> Would be nice to be able to blacklist stuff for all three automated mechanism
> in only one file, or even have something that overrides /etc/modules. Ideally
> those would be listed as /etc/modules.blacklist, and pulled in by all 4 module

	I’m all for it.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +55 (44) 3028 7467 ext34
Rua Guarani 361 ap 601 – Z4                    +55 (44) 3025 6253