Re: Radeon 7550 video cloning on IBook G3 14" [Was: Re: Radeon 9600 dual head and XF86Config on PB G4 15"]

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 10:48:52PM +0200, Cedric.Pradalier@inrialpes.fr wrote:
> Sorry for this late response. I don?t know if it can help but I've put some
> indications and config files on :
>
> http://mockenhaupt.homelinux.org/ibookWiki/Configuration

As I stated before, I'm not a Debian user so i'm not able
to use debian binary packages. I'm not an XFree86 user
either because I'm a Xorg user.

Before postin my message to the debian-powerpc mailing list
I googled a lot and I found your page. I already knew it and
it is very interesting. I thought it was very debian specific.

Do you think I will be able to use the informations reported
in your page, too?

> X can see the ati M7 [ibook G3] board as two boards, one that useFBDev
> and one that does not. Then using a ServerLayout, you can activate
> both output but you lose DRI... Then you get either two displays :0.0
> and :0.1 or one continuous display with xinerama. Nevertheless, for
> doing PDF/openoffice presentations it is often sufficient.

The "ServerLayout" link point to this page
http://mockenhaupt.homelinux.org/ibookWiki/ServerLayout
but the page that is displayed doesn't contain
any reference to any configuration.

Is this intentional?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.