Re: AWACS/snd_powermac, 2.6.7-powerpc on a new G4: headphones only

I had this problem initially. ALSA failed to recognize that the sound
chip is "snapper". Go to your kernel sources, file sound/ppc/pmac.c and
comment out the chip autodetection. See here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/05/msg00349.html
This seems to be fixed in newer kernels, I am running 2.6.7-bk9.
I don't think it has anything to do with the old problem that you
mention.

Regards,
Reiner