Re: no sound + backlit keyboard not lighting up (PowerBook G4/Sarge)

Le jeu 19/08/2004 à 14:48, Matthew T. Atkinson a écrit :
> 'ello,

Hi,

> [ As usual, I have searched on Google and various list archives, but
> haven't found anything that answers my questions... ]
>
> Having just installed Sarge (and getting /dev/pmu to work :-)) I have
> been fiddling around with ALSA.  I managed to successfully insert the
> module for the powermac sound card (the only seemingly appropriate one I
> could find).  Alsaconf was unable to set it up right, for some reason.
>
> Anyway, I have the modules, but no sound.  The device nodes are there
> (/dev/dsp0 for example).
>
> The system give the impression of working fine (no error messages at
> all) but simply doesn't make any noise.  According to Google I appear to
> be along the right lines.
>
> Any ideas?

Probably silly ones, but hey, who knows ?
Do you have alsa-base and alsa-utils packages installed ?
Did you check the volume and mute states with alsamixer ?
As Elimar asked, did you check with a user with sufficient permissions ?

> Finally, for some reason pbbuttonsd is not supporting my backlit
> keyboard -- all the tabs are greyed out in powerprefs.  I know it works
> 'cos I've seen it in OS X -- am I missing another device node?  I have
> /dev/adb.  I don't have APM emulation but I'd be surprised if I needed
> that to get the keyboard to light up.

I think you need i2c-keywest module for this to work. I believe the
backlit keyboard is supported on all powerbooks at the moment...

Hope this helps...

--
Alain Perry