Re: new oldworld pmac miboot 2.6 floppies, root size should be ok, net_drivers still too big, please test.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 02:34:48PM +0200, Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:
> I'm testing the powerpc-small boot floppies and this occurred when I
> tried to boot my powermac 7300 with ofonlyboot.img. However, after
> reformatting with superformat and writing the image again, the disk was
> read successfully and ejected. I inserted root.img, which was loaded,
> but after that nothing happened. I ended up with the tuxmac logo and the
> root disk in the drive.

The floppy driver in OF is pretty bad about error handling. It basically
just stops if anything goes wrong. The HFS support isn't too great
either. Even having a file heavily fragmented on a floppy was enough
to confuse it quite a bit.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com