BAT register usage with 745x CPUs

Hi,

We need some information to try and fix a problem we have with the most recent 2.4.x kernels (a particular area of memory where the NVRAM is located, cannot be accessed anymore once the Linux kernel boots, looks like it's being mapped out).

The machine uses a 745x CPU, and I understand that the memory on these machines is mapped using the BAT registers.

Is this correct, and if so, which registers are used/what is the arrangement? (Or where could I look to get this info).

Thanks,

Regards,

Ross..