strategy for disk replacement?

i have a 10gig drive in my pismo, it has testing currently installed and
I am quite happy with all of the little bits and pieces and tweaks I
have made to this install over the last 6 months or so. But the drive is
too small. I have a 40 gig replacement sitting here but I don't wont to
reinstall from scratch. An imaging application like Acronis would be
nice but I havent found one that works with ppc.

Can I rsync the disk to a remote and then copy back onto the new disk?
Does anyone have any better suggestions?

thanks in advance

david
David Howe
www.qednet.biz