Re: new oldworld pmac miboot 2.6 floppies, root size should be ok, net_drivers still too big, please test.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 11:25:58AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have uploaded oldworld 2.6 miboot floppies at :
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/miboot
>
> Could people please test them, as i don't have the hardware for it.
>
> These should all be the right size, except the net_drivers floppy. I need to
> move some stuff from it to the cd_drivers or something such.
>
> But still i would be interested if :
>
>   1) the boot or ofonlyboot floppies actually boot a kernel.
>
>   2) the root floppy gets loaded and actually does something usefull.
>
>   3) it is possible to use the cd_drivers floppy to do a cd install with them.
>
> All tests except 3) should be doable without touching the harddisk.

Well, i moved some part of the net boot stuff to the cd-drivers floppy, but
this is not a nice solution, since it is confusing to need the cd-drivers
floppy for a net install.

Still, this means we now have floppies of an appropriate size, and can do test
again, once we are sure they work, we will tidy up the rest of it, altough i
welcome suggestions on how to best solve this (my first approach of floppy
stuff having been earlier this morning).

Friendly,

Sven Luther