Re: device enumeration question

Nick,

Please fill out an installation report so this gets into the bug
tracking system.  Without a bug-track record, it will be ignored by the
developers.

The depressing truth is that most developers are too busy to deal with
the volume of mail in these mailing lists, so the only way to get their
attention is via the bug tracking system.

I'm attaching an install-report.template that you can use.  The final
stages of the installation process remind you to fill one out, and tell
you where to find the template.  But you never got that far. So...

The last few lines of the report tell you what to do with it after
you've filled it out.  Don't worry too much about not being able to get
all the information it requests.  It assumes you have had a successful
installation and are now running the latest Debian to get configuration
information.  Obviously that's wrong in your case.  So just get as much
info as you can and let it go at that.

Enjoy!

Rick

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 12:18, Nick Golder wrote:
> I have a Power MAC G4 that I added a Promise Ultra133 TX2 (uses the
> PDC20269 chipset).  I am having problems with this card getting
> enumerated before the onboard IDE chipsets which hoses yaboot (which can
> be easily worked around).  Is there a way to have the kernel enumerate the
> onboard IDE controllers /before/ the PCI card's?
>
> --
> -Nick Golder

Package: installation-reports

INSTALL REPORT

Debian-installer-version: <Fill in date and from where you got the image>
uname -a: <The result of running uname -a on a shell prompt>