Re: How to enable apm in kernel 2.6?

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 04:37:23PM +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> In apmd package description I find that:
> "Debian kernels are built with APM support but it is disabled by
>  default.  You need to boot the kernel with the "apm=on" option if you
>  want to enable the driver."
> However, after doing that, the /proc/apm still does not exist.

This documentation is for machines with real APM (in other words, x86
based stuff). For a mac, there is a module called apm_emu that makes
the PMU look like APM. Just load that module and /proc/apm and
/dev/apm_bios should work as long as you have a model with PMU. All
recent desktop macs and all mac laptops have it.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com