Re: sound not working for tux racer

Jim Ricken <Jsac346@vfemail.net> writes:

> Hi
> I am running debian sarge on my mac and for some reason ,the sound
> will not work when I play tux racer.
> What is wrong?
> My sound works on my computer otherwise.
Are you perhaps running esd or artsd?  If I am not mistaken tux racer
tries accessing the sound device directly, so if anything else is
running on it, then you won't be able to have sound in tux racer.  You
could try pkill on esd or artsd, but be warned this will kill sound
for your desktop environment and many applications configured to use
those two.

--
Scott Henson <scotth@csee.wvu.edu>