Re: Fwd: Re: current d-i cd won't boot on G3

Hi again,

ok, here's the next problem. Now i have managed to get past BootX, even
past d-i, except that it failed at quix installation. So i thought, who
cares, i'll go for BootX with my kernel and a proper root= setting.. Yet
when i launch BootX with root=/dev/hda8 or
root=/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part8 both render me with a kernel
panic "couldn't find root"...

Any hints how to get past that?

--
Best regards,