Re: Old world mac

On Friday 13 August 2004 01:23 am, Sven Luther wrote:

> > Put then into the Linux Kernel Folder, reboot the G3, selected vmlinux
> > from BootX, click no video driver, Options, use RAM Disk, selected
> > initrd.gz and clicked Linux.
>
> Try the netboot/2.4 ones please.

These work. Went through the installer and got the error message quik needs
root to be ext2, would I like to go back.

I choose continue without boot loader, assuming I'd still be able to boot with
BootX, finished the install. Rebooted, and I get nothing.

I get a flashing floppy icon.

> If you could get us more info on what the problem is, that would be nice.
> Maybe this old mac has a serial output you could capture the serial log on
> ?

I'll see if I can find a mini-8(?) serial cable.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@mn-linux.org>          | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500