Re: Best Linux Database

Javier Blanque wrote:
Postgresql is a very good DBMS.
http://www.postgresql.org/

I was going to suggest it myself, because even though psql is powerful you don't actually need to USE that power. All the "cute and cuddly" database implementations I have tried out are small because they suck, not because they are somehow better suited for smaller projects. Yep, psql will take up some room on your harddrive, but isn't that what it's there for? :-)

I found an article describing use of postgresql with OpenOffice.org, depending on how Ed is using that spreadsheet it might be a very good idea for him to read up on this one:

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/07/22/160206

Could be it would not be such a world of difference after all.

Ole-Egil