Repartitioning of HD

Hi,
I have three main partitions on my Powerbook's HD: Linux (ext3), MacOS9 (HFS)
and Swap. I would like to make the MacOS9 partition much smaller, increase
the size of my swap partition and create a new additional Linux partition.

Is it possible to delete the HFS partition and create two new partitions (one
Linux, one HFS) instead without destroying the existing Linux partition?

I read a lot about that and according the usual opinion HFS partitions should
be created with the MacOS tool, but this tool don't seem to allow partition
changing, do it? Is there a safe way to reorganise my HD without building it
up again from scratch? The more I read the more unsure I became.

  Best Regards
     Matthias