RE : Re: XFree86 - Swiss French Keyboard

Thank you for your answer !

>Have you tried
>
>	Option		"XkbOptions" "ralt:mode_switch"
>
>or
>	Option		"XkbOptions" "group:switch"

Yes, I did, it doesn't work :-(

>(or the equivalent in the keyboard configuration tool of your desktop
>environment)?
I use WindowMaker, do you know a configuration tool for this desktop ?

Then :
After some searches in /var/log, I found this in /var/log/gdm/%3A0.log

>The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
>> Error:            Can't find file "macintosh" for types include
>>                   Exiting
>>                   Abandoning keytypes file "default"
>Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
>Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

So it seems that it uses my console keyboard, or what?

Remember my XF86Config-4 :
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"keyboard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbKeycodes"	"xfree86"
	Option		"XkbTypes"	"macintosh"
	Option		"XkbSymbols"	"fr_CH"
	Option		"XkbGeometry"	"macintosh"
EndSection

I searched for other Xkbtypes,found:
basic,cancel,caps,complete,default,extra,iso9995,mousekeys ,nocancel,pc
So right, no macintosh KbdType... I tried complete, pc, default, but with
these options, my keyboard doesn't have any more Capslock, Del, Erase, etc
at all !

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance!

Dreaming of a Swiss Account? Get it here: http://freemail.swissinfo.org