Re: replacing ydl with debian

Ciao Peter Parkes, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

> I have recently installed yellow dog on my old powerbook g4, but I want
> to switch over to debian, which is what I run on most of my pc's.

Hi there,
I switched from ydl to Debian on my iBook a few weeks ago.

I simply popped the new Sarge CD and ran the installer.
When asked for partitions, I just formatted the / and /boot partition, and
told the installer to mount my old /home as /home (straightforward, isn't
it?).

The install went fine, and I got my yaboot overwritten without problems:
OSX was still working and also my home data were there.
The only thing I had to do has been chown'ing /home/user to the user, but
that was pretty it.

Hope it helps, if you have any questions just ask!

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449