Re: PPC subarches

Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
It also supports network (if your machine is able to do it), cdrom and
firewire boot and I suppose that USB boot.

Actually it does - basically any NewWorld system can boot from any of those, anything later than the blue&white G3 pretty much. My PowerBook Pismo can boot from any of those - the OldWorlds, most of them anyway, can boot from the network, but they require a COFF kernel image to do it, so it's a little different than booting a NewWorld.

Also, if you type 'dev /multiboot multi-boot-menu' at the OF prompt, you can get a text-based OS selector, similar to the graphical boot selector you get by holding the Option key at boot.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net