Re: Help Booting to Console

The brute force method is to append the word 'single' to the kernel during boot. i.e. if you use Bootx, add the word single to the end of the line of arguements, if quik, type the name of the usual kernel, followed by a space and single. You'll need the root password to login
Aaron
Hi,

Inadvertently I changed my system to boot with xdm rather than gdm.
However there is a problem with my xdm login (I can't get past the
login screen) so now I can't get back into my system to change it back.
Does anybody know how I can boot to a console with only key presses during
the boot? I'm really stuck here.

Thanks,

Michael