Re: "Debian Within a Darwin System"

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 03:16:06PM -0400, Scott Henson wrote:
> otherwise I think Im going to try to install on the powermac or
> quadra(no clue what this is) but I hear that installing on oldworld
> powermacs is a bitch and I would rather do it on the plentiful x86
> hardware we have here.

The Mac Quadra series were all professional grade boxes based around
the Motorola 68040 processor. The 68k based Macs are mostly supported
in Linux, but there are some issues. However, that discussion is
outside of the scope of this mailing list. If you're serious about
Linux on a Mac that old, take a look at the debian-68k list.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com