Re: AmigaONE && Debian (unstable?)

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 09:24:34PM +0200, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> Quoting Ross Vumbaca <amigaone@optusnet.com.au>:
>
> > Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > > Bah, that means that the A1 people will again do their own hack for debian
> > > support probably. Ah well, i don't really care.
>
> There will be NO 'debian only hack'! Not from me. And everything I do or receive
> will (!) one way or the other end up where it (should) belong.

Well, nowhere then, since your patch will never be accepted in the 2.4
official trees.

> The only reason why the's been talk about Debian in this regard, is because
> I'm a Debian GNU/Linux developer, I use Debian GNU/Linux on EVERYTHING (servers
> and workstations and what not - if I dared, I'd use it on my Palm :).
>
> It's quite natural that I'll do this as a Debian GNU/Linux project.

So, what is the problem ? You can have those patches in debian, and thus
support from debian-installer, and then either also submit them upstream, or
in the case of 2.6 kernels, work with the debian-kernel team to help you get
them in shape and submitted upstream.

Friendly,

Sven Luther