Display blanks when idle -- original ibook

Hi,

I am trying to build a digital picture frame out of an original ibook, using debian stable for the os. Almost everything works fine but the display will turn black after about 20 minutes of idle time (the computer does not go to sleep). Pressing the keyboard will turn the display back on but when its running as a picture frame there will be no keyboard attached to keep the display awake. At first I thought this was a setting in the X server but it also happens in console mode when X11 is not running. Is there somewhere where I can disable this "feature" so that the display stays on indefinitely? pmud is not installed and I don't know where to look to adjust these settings. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Zach