Re: three different sets of daily ISOs -- what's the difference?

On Sunday, July 11, 2004, at 09:06 AM, Sven Luther wrote:

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 02:02:25PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

On Sunday 11 July 2004 10:34, Rick Thomas wrote:
There are three (seemingly) different sets of daily ISOs at

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/20040710/

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-
i/powerpc/20040710/

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-
i/powerpc/20040710/

Can anybody explain what the difference is?  And which one should I
use for testing?

The daily and sarge_d-i images are identical.

I never tested, but maybe the business card isos, since they hold all
the .udebs, allow also to chose between sid and sarge.

Thanks! Nicolas, Frans and Sven, for the quick answers. I guess I'll follow Sven's advice from now on (at least until there's a new TC or RC image that needs testing) and use the "sid_d-i" businesscard ISOs for testing.

Just one little quibble... The "daily" and "sarge_d-i" images are _not_ identical -- at least for 20040710. I haven't downloaded both and diff-ed them to see what the details are, but examining the MD5SUM files indicate that the three sets of ISOs are all pairwise distinct. Does this change anything?

Enjoy!

Rick