Re: X Configuration

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 06:25:15PM -0700, David Ramsey wrote:
> Hey guys, I wrote earlier about an X Window
> Installation.  I followed your advice and 'startx'
> works without issue now.  Thanks to everyone for their
> help.
>
> Anyways, I wonder if you guys might could do me one
> more favor.  When I do start X, the screen is
> flickering and is displayed in very strange colors.
> The mouse cursor is wavy as if it were underwater.
> Trippy, but useless.  :-)
>
> I have tried 3 or 4 different XF86Config-4 files I've
> found online, but all of them have the same result.  I
> was wondering if anyone with similar hardware could
> give me their XF86Config-4?
>
> I have a 15" Powerbook 867 Mhz-the kind that came with
> the combo drive, not the superdrive.  I'll keep
> fiddling with my config, but I'd really appreciate it
> if someone could share their configuration with me.
> Thanks again for all the help so far.

I recently installed Debian on my titanium powerbook and had the same
problem; nothing I would modify in XF86Config-4
would fix it.  It fixed itself when I recompiled a custom kernel,
paying close attention to the various options.  Ever since then the
display hasn't had any problems.

If you'd like a copy of my .config file, email me.

Ric