Re: Screen is worthless, other ideas ?? [Was] Cut and Paste on an iMac

> crtl-c, crtl-v  and crtl-x also work varying from app to app.

my iMac has a meta-key that reminds me of the gold key on my first Dec
machines.  Maybe thats an idea which can be adapted from the Apple culture.  I
can truthfully report that Mac users love the above keystrokes.

John

--- Dean Hamstead <dean@bong.com.au> wrote:
> in X you just select what you want and hit the 3rd mouse button and
> viola! it pastes
>

> as for on the console. well theres the mouse program that used to
> be popular. it was a pain with X though. anyone remember what
> its called? gives you a mouse on the console and i recall you could
> select and paste in the same
>
> 1click select
> 3click paste method
>
> gmouse comes to mind but im sure thats not it.
>
> Dean
>
> Colin Watson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:51:43AM -0700, John van V. wrote:
> >
> >>I gave it a few more tries.  I got it to partially work but it
> >>requries far too many keystrokes to make it usable in the real world.
> >

> > Ah, none of us live in the real world or do real work using our real
> > computers, I suppose ...
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> --
SoyOS and eLSD distros; Thinman Model -> http://thinman.no-ip.com/
Distro Readme -> http://thinman.no-ip.com/eLSD/readme
ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc