Re: 2.4 & 2.6 kernels, should sarge be 2.6 only at least for powerpc ?

On 2004-06-30 13:31:25 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 01:02:14PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > This is wrong. CRT output (when enabled by m3mirror) doesn't work with
> > 2.6 kernels on my PowerBook. Sound doesn't properly work either (the
> > rate is incorrect).
>
> So, where is your bug report ?

Concerning the CRT problem, there is the bug 217778 (well, this is
against a 2.4.25 kernel, but I said that this occurred with 2.6.5
too, and I assume that this is the same problem).

Concerning the sound problem, I posted several messages to this list,
because I was not sure I was doing the correct thing. The latest thing
I did was to put the following line in my modprobe.conf file:

install sound /sbin/modprobe dmasound_pmac

Now, I don't know, because my modprobe.conf file has been moved to
"/etc/modprobe.d/old_etc_modprobe.conf". modprobe.conf(5) doesn't say
anything about that. I assume there's a bug somewhere, but I don't
know what bug and where.

> And did you try with 2.6.7 ?

Not yet, but it isn't on the official server yet. And I prefer not
trying unless I know this is worth trying (i.e. some developer has
looked at the problem), since I need to quit all my apps, change
the monitor cables (for the CRT problem) and reboot.

100% validated (X)HTML - Acorn / RISC OS / ARM, free software, YP17,
Championnat International des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, etc.