Handling debian kernel-patches

Hi all

There is one kernel-compiling-question left, I can't find an answer in
the docu. I have apt-getted the package 'kernel-tree-2.6.6'. This package
installs 'kernel-source-2.6.6' and 'kernel-patches'. Now, I have in mind
to apt-get the package 'kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6' (thank's for the tip,
Jens).

Do I have to remove the directory 'kernel-patches' in /usr/src, because
of the danger to create a kernel-patch chaos. Or does Debian handle this
by itself and I can apt-get as much kernel-patch packages into the dir
'usr/src/kernel-patches' as I please?

Thanks in advance for helping me!!

Kind regards

Roland Wegmann