Re: Suspend for the iBook G4

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 02:48:00PM +0200, Arne Caspari said
> Reply to the mail from Rob Weir (rweir@ertius.org):
>
> > Well, agx's suspend-to-disk works great, for me at least.  Just make
> > sure you disable DRI in X (yeah, that sucks).
> >
> > Well, with one caveat: how and what do I configure to get the suspend
> > script to run when I close the lid?  It seems to be within pbuttonsd's
> > domain, but I can't figure out how to specify the script to run for the
> > lid-close event.
>
> Another caveat is that suspend to disk is sloooow!

The speed seems to vary enormously for me, based on some criteria I
haven't yet determined.  Sometimes it goes down in < 30 seconds,
sometimes in > 2 minutes.  This is on 2.6.7-rc3.

Also, the pwctrl-local script seems to never return; I have to kill it's
controlling xterm after resume.

--
Words of the day:    USCODE Medco New World Order TELINT Blowpipe Treasury ISEC