Re: understanding extrange kernel options for ibook2.2

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 05:57:31PM +0100, Alain Perry wrote:
> > [*] Include MacIO (CHRP) ADB driver . and this ?
>
> ADB is AFAIK the protocol used by the mice and keyboards on Macs.

More specifically, this is the driver to be able to use the ADB
ports on some non-macintosh machines. I'm not sure exactly what
hardware needs this driver, but no official Apple design used it.

The other similar options to this are CUDA and PMU, which are the
two chips that Apple used in powermacs to implement ADB. If you
(called MacIIsi style in linux), IOP, and the original style of
ADB (called MacII style in linux) which was pretty much just tied
directly to some generic I/O lines on the interrupt controller.
Be warned that CUDA, PMU, and egret also have some other uses,
such as the NVRAM/RTC and power control.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com