Re: "Kernel Oops" suspending iBook G4

According to Imobach González Sosa, on Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:58:15 +0100,

>Hi all,
>
>I've an iBook G4 (2003) and I trying to get it to sleep, but it doesn't
>work. I've patched the 2.6.7-rc2 kernel using this patch at
>http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/kernel/pmdisk-2.6.7-
>rc2.diff but I get this message when I try to do an "echo -n "disk"
>> /sys/power/state".
>
>  Oops: kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
>
>Then a lot of lines including a "call trace".

The call trace can tell people where is your problem. Why don't you
include it ? You should find it in your /var/log/syslog* files.

Knowing only that the kernel has made a seg fault is not
very informative...

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail