Re: AmigaONE && Debian (unstable?)

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 03:04:14AM +1000, Ross Vumbaca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sven Luther wrote:
>
> >BTW, i am curious, what is the latest status of the AmigaOne thingy, i
> >almost don't hear about those anymore, and since there were problems
> >with the buggy northbridge, i had a feeling that production stopped or
> >something such, but then my info comes mostly from anti-amigaone guys,
> >like you can imagine, so i may be misinformed.
>
> Production of the boards didn't stop, and they even developed a new type
> of board known as the uA1 (micro A1). It is a Mini-ITX board, with
> PowerPC CPU, etc etc. Quite a cool piece of hardware, there are no other
> PowerPC Mini-ITX products AFAIK, also Mini-ITX boards are usually a low
> end VIA CPU. These boards are using relatively powerful CPUs such as the
> IBM 750FX @ 800MHZ.
>
> This is all well known known information. Are your MOS colleagues not in
> touch with reality? ;)

Nope, but i usually don't concern myself with this stuff, already
keeping up with the actuality of the debian community is quite time
consuming, that i usually refrain from interesting myself with this
whole sad brotherly war.

Oh well, let's close this parenthesis, we are disgressing anyway.

Friendly,

Sven Luther