Re: Test-DFS for PowerPC

Hello!

[Tue, 08 Jun 2004] Sven Luther wrote:
> > should work, right? How is /usr/lib/kernel-image-version generated?
>
> It is contained in the kernel-image, together with the modules and the
> kernel, so you just get them at the same time. Eventually, you unpack
> the kernel-imahe somewhere, and use it to get the kernel, to get the
> modules while building the initrd, and to run mkvmlinuz on it.

Hmm. So This should be implemented just as another "bootloader"...

> No, the dfsbuild packages modified to build the powerpc version, (the
> source package of the -rj* versions) ?

The Source is under Arch:
<http://people.debian.org/~jordens/tla/debian/2004/>
dfsbuild--jordens--0.5

If you want packages, I'll do them but I'd rather prefer John to do the
releases.

> > So you'd say it's a problem with mkisofs options?
>
> Maybe, not sure. I am just saying that Apple is damn stupid to do frnech
> ibook keyboard without tilda, pipe or backslash (and i am probably
> missing a few others).

We are all punished. The standard keymap (console and X) for my
Swiss-German Keyboard does not even have them mapped.

> It may still be a mkisofs problem, but i don't
> see how you could deduct that from the above three lines :)

Has someone generated booting powerpc isos with sarge's mkisofs? I guess
the ones on gluck are generated with glucks mkisofs (which is from
woody). Hmm. Will try that.

        Robert.