Re: AmigaONE && Debian (unstable?)

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 15:35, Ole-Egil Hvitmyren wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >>Which is why it would help to be IBM or one of the other big players.
> >>Does it look like I'm shitting hardware? ;-)
> >

> > That has nothing to do with big players at all.
>
> Are you saying I have more money than IBM? I would certainly hope not ;-)

"big players" don't bother with board support for X Y or Z, most of that
kind of stuff is volunteer work in linux. AmigaOne could have fairly
decent and maintained support by just providing a board and eventually
some techs infos to an interested kernel hacker. Paying him would be
even better but I'm sure some would do the work just for a board or 2 ;)

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>