Re: pico

> Debian Rocks!
> Now I tried to install gnome from chicago.edu mirror that is where I got
> all my software from
> I live around Wichita ,Kansas
> That chicago mirror came back with and error that some files could not
> be found.
> Where can I get gnome at?
> I also need to change my mirror to something else Can you help?
> I know you have been a great help so far

Here's my "/etc/apt/sources.list":
----------------------

deb ftp://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free

----------------------
Get rid of the line breaks.  Every line should start with "deb".  Also. I live
in Japan so you should just change the first 2 lines from "ftp.jp" to
"ftp.us".  Don't forget to run "apt-get update" after you do that and also
remove or comment out the old servers.

Are you sure you want to install Gnome?  If you're not gonna use it, you might
want to reconsider.  Installing gnome caused some trouble for me.

Sean

--
: : : DataFly.Net : : :