Re: pico

> I don't think he _can_ do it in a gui editor, since he's editing
> XF86Config-4 in order to get X to work.

Wow, I think it's time for me to put on my giant conical hat with the letter
"D" printed on it...

Anyway, in Pico, make sure you "su" to become root first or you won't be able
to save the file.  Then back-up your original like this:
cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.orig

now type: pico /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

And just use your arrow keys to move the cursor, backspace to delete text (or
ctrl-K to delete a whole line of text).

ctrl-X to quit (you'll be prompted to save as...)

--
: : : DataFly.Net : : :