Dlink DWL-122 and linux-wlan-ng on 2.6.6

Hi.. I saw some posts on the list that the Dlink DWL-122 USB wireless card works with 2.6.x kernel and linux-wlan-ng. I'm trying to get it working on a PB G4 12" 1.33GHz machine with a 2.6.6 kernel. I built the linux-wlan-ng module from source.. followed the instructions in the readme and everything went fine except that I can't ping the router. The signal is picked up by the card, kwifimanager shows the signal too, iwconfig and ifconfig show that the wlan0 interface is up (iwconfig also shows me that WEP is enabled and shows the 128-bit key I set). Still, I can't ping the router. This is what I get:

From 192.168.0.7 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable

The only message that seems worrisome is in dmesg:

linkstatus=CONNECTED
wlan0: no IPv6 routers present

Tried posting on the linux-wlan-ng list but looks like the message got lost in cyberspace.. please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to fix this..

Thanks,
nirmal