Re: NPTL and glibc (on Sid)

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 10:51, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 12:37:02PM -0500, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > Upstream libc has perfectly working NPTL for ppc and had so for a while
> > now, though debian didn't catch up yet unfortunately for various reasons
> > (that I consider no-brainer personally, but I gave up trying to argue).
>
> I understood that we needed gcc 3.4 in order to get powerpc TLS support?
> That doesn't seem like a no-brainer from a release management
> perspective to me, but maybe I was misinformed ...

That or 3.3.3-hammer (needed for proper amd64 suppport too) or just
a patch against 3.3. As far as I've been told, the problem is with
glibc though. And the whole release management thing blocking sid
in such a way is a non sense imho. But that has been discussed over
and over again, all I can say is that I don't agree :)

Ben.