Re: Strange problem with special keys on iBook 2 [SOLVED - sort of]

According to Kevin B. McCarty, on Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:54:04 -0400,
>On 06/03/2004 03:06 PM, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how my keyboard behavior may have gotten messed up
>in such> a way?  It seems like it may have something to do with the
>console keymap> but a look into /usr/share/keymaps left me still
>puzzled.
>
>I can now report that rebooting into Mac OS X, and then back into
>Linux, solved the problem.  I have no idea why, but the special keys
>work correctly again.  Even the raw key scancodes (obtained from
>showkey -s) are now different (and correct).
>
>Is it possible that the keyboard electronics actually became confused
>and OS X ran an integrity check over it while booting?

So there is a reason for keeping this osx partition...

I think you could have reached the same result by zapping the pram.
Something like Cmd+Alt+P+F+Pwr magic combo.

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail