Re: Hauppage Nexus DVB-S PCI card in PowerMac 8600

I ran for some time a Siemens DVB-C card with VDR on my beige G3 and everything was fine.

Bye,
Christoph

Am 02.06.2004 um 04:09 schrieb Matthew Reath:

I was just wondering if it is possible to use a Hauppage DVB-S card with Debian Linux on a powermac. I know you can't use a standard PC PCI video card but is it possible to use standard PCI sound cards or tv tuner cards? I would like to use a Hauppage DVB-S PCI card in my Powermac 8600 using Debian and the DVB driver set from linuxtv.org.

Has anybody had any experience with this? Maybe using a WinTV card that uses the BT848 chipset or something?

Matt