Re: "Permissions on the file /dev/pmu are broken" [SOLVED]

On 06/02/2004 05:37 PM, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> I just upgraded to the Gnome 2.6 packages in unstable on my iBook laptop.
> Upon logging in to Gnome 2.6 the first time, I receive an error dialog
> popup message titled "Error" whose text is "Permissions on the file
> /dev/pmu are broken".

Thanks Carlos and Christoph for the information.  I just submitted bug #
252460 against gnome-settings-daemon in the capplets package.  In the
meantime I banished the popup on my own laptop by adding myself to group
video, changing /dev/pmu to group video, and setting it to be
group-read/writable.

regards,