Low bogomips rate on new iBook

Alle 16:46, giovedì 3 giugno 2004, Sebastian Henschel ha scritto:
[...]
> running at half the frequency, for instance. :)
> a guy on linuxppc-dev found out how to run with high freq:
> boot into openfirmware and issue the following commands:
>
> dev /cpus/PowerPC,G4@0
> set-dfs-high
> mac-boot
>
> then boot normally into linux. you have to do that _every_ time you turn
> on the machine, though. better wait for benh to implement the
> aforementioned steps in the kernel. :)
[...]

I think I have the same problem, the CPU running slow. The kernel is a vanilla
2.6.6. Can I issue the same commands or it's not reccomended? I don't know
what to do. Here is my /proc/cpuinfo:

danieli@aibuk:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
clock           : 1066MHz
revision        : 1.1 (pvr 8003 0101)
bogomips        : 530.43
machine         : PowerBook6,5
motherboard     : PowerBook6,5 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)
pmac flags      : 0000000a
L2 cache        : 512K unified
memory          : 256MB